Saturday, July 23, 2011

Emilie's 5th Birthday

Well, I was just looking over this blog and realized that I completely skipped a post about our sweet Emilie's 5th birthday!  We celebrated here in Colorado with Maria, Phil and the Harbols family!  We had a relazed morning and arranged to meet my friend Jeannie and her kids at a wonderful playground in Fort Collins.  Lauren and I ran to the store to get a few groceries for Marcia, a birthday cake and supplies for a picnic lunch.  Then we all piled into our cars to head over to Spring Canyon Park to meet Jeannie. 

Emilie and Stella enjoying the views!


The park was like nothing I've ever seen before with an awe-inspiring red rock canyon as it's back drop.  There was a huge spray surface for the kids to get wet in and an unlimited number of playground options for kids of all ages.  I introduced Jeannie's kids and Lauren's kids to one another and we were all thrilled to see them playing together so well even minutes after introductions!  I know Lauren from college and she and her husband, Rob, went to high school with Alain.  I know Jeannie from MOPS and church in Atlanta.  I can't begin to describe what a joy it was to see two of my closest friends (who barely know eachother) and their children hanging out together!  It was awesome! 

So, Jeannie brought some yummy cupcakes to celebrate Emilie's birthday after lunch.  It was quite a site to see us all spread out (5 adults and 12 kids) under a small pavilion with lunchmeat, chips and bread spread all over the place!

Once the kids started feeling a bit wiped out, Lauren invited Jeannie and the kids back to Marcia and Phil's for a movie in their projection room.  So, we let the boys watch all 12 kids and I went out with Lauren and Jeannie for a little shopping and Starbucks!  I don't really think I talked all that much because it was just so surreal to me.  I talk to these women seperately a few times a week and they probably know eachother better than they think because I talk about them to one another all of the time, yet all of us together was something I wasn't quite prepared for.  Of course they got along wonderfully and are now conspiring to get me and Alain to move out to Colorado!  Love those ladies! 

Jeannie and the boys headed home after our afternoon out and we got ready for dinner with Marcia and Phil!  We had a great dinner (thanks to Marcia preparing so well for her 13 guests) and the cake was just enough for everyone! 

We got Emilie a new outfit, a rainbow bathing suit (her favorite thing to draw right now is rainbows) and a bag full of things to style her hair.  She loves to do her hair every morning and she used to say "I'm getting my beauty stuff on, Mommy!"  All in all, Emilie said she had a wonderful birthday!

No comments: